I just downloaded HTML5 Assist and on first launch it says the beta has expired??

TJ Smith

18 Sep, 2014 11:51 PM

6 days ago according to your site you added functionality but the product won't launch at all. Is this correct??

Thanks,

TJ

1. 1 Posted by daniel on 20 Sep, 2014 04:18 PM

Just downloaded and on the first try it is already expired!
    200% sure I never had this installed before.

2. 2 Posted by Glyn on 21 Sep, 2014 02:52 PM

Same here.

I was using v1.03 of the beta and got an expired notice so I downloaded v1.06 and it still won't launch, just tells me it has expired too!

The first time I ran the v1.06 setup on top of the v1.03 installation. Then I did an uninstall, removed the lingering directory in AppData and a reinstall of v.1.06. I still get the expired message.

I'm finding HTML5.Assist() very useful indeed. Please fix ASAP!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Shaun Sullivan on 22 Sep, 2014 12:46 AM

Will do guys. We should have a new update posted this week.

Shaun

4. 4 Posted by Glyn on 23 Sep, 2014 12:21 AM

Hi,

Just downloaded v1.07. It installed ok and launches now... but...

It is very slow to reflect changes in VS2013, as in lots of seconds verging on a minute plus. It also loses its connection with VS2013 and hangs.

When there is a connection it is listed as 'Unknown' in my Browser Link panel.

My copy of Visual Studio 2013 Professional is patched up to date and is running on Windows 8 Pro 8.1 which is also patched up to date.

v1.03 was a far happier experience, for me at least. Same project, same machine. In case it affects any considerations the project is a website based on MVC5 (razor) with a side-order of Bootstrap 3 and jQuery. All the latest bits via NuGet.

It's late here (1:18am in the UK) and I'm walking away from the keyboard and powering down me and the PC for a few hours. I'll try again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Glyn.

5. 5 Posted by springfeld on 24 Sep, 2014 03:32 PM

Same to me, just downloaded a few hours ago again.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• expired.png 70.5 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Oct, 2021 02:38 PM
06 Oct, 2021 05:12 AM
20 Sep, 2021 04:14 PM